Fundación SALES provides grants for scientific and technological research and cultural projects. It also carries out Knowledge Economy projects in cooperation with the United Nations, of which it is a consulting member.
- We’re about to achieve a vaccine against melanoma, the most serious skin cancer.
- We’re testing a different therapeutic against breast cancer.
- We discovered a protein that affects cancer immunology.
SALES Foundation executes and supports cancer research. Argentine scientists of excellence, several disciples of Nobel prizes, are maintained by SALES in Agreements with the CONICET (National Council of Scientific and Technologic Research), which guarantee annual funds and foresee scientific and technological transfers and patents.
SALES Foundation, which in November of 2009 turns 33 years, executes and supports cancer research. Argentine scientists of excellence, several disciples of Nobel prizes, are maintained by SALES in Agreements with the CONICET (National Council of Scientific and Technologic Research), that assures an annual budget and foresee scientific and patent transferences, to the benefit of the following Programs:
- Anti-tumour vaccine program, directed by Dr. Jose Mordoh, at the Foundation Leloir Institute, who created the 1970's Chemistry Nobel prize, Luis F. Leloir.
- Program against breast cancer, directed by Dr. Claudia Lanari, at the Institute of Biology and xperimental Medicine, that founded the 1947's Medicine Nobel prize, Bernado Houssay.
- Immunology against cancer program, directed by Dr. Gabriel Rabinovich, in the Institute before mentioned
- The Foundation also maintains an anti-tobacco Program in schools and a self-care Program that offers gratuitous service to patients and relatives, with psychological support, nutritional assessment and physical activity with medical advice.
Address: Viamonte 2043
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Telephone: 11 4371-9595 / 4314-2222
Dr. Jose Mordoh – disciple of the Nobel Prize winners François Jacob (France) and Luis F.Leloir (Argentina) – directs a research team that is developing a vaccine against cancer. The vaccines are therapeutic, not preventive, because they act only on cancer patients. They’ve been doing clinical tests on patients for more than 10 years.
The cancer vaccine Fund’s objective is to finance the final phase of its application to patients with melanoma, as well as the advance of the study of breast, colon and prostate cancer.